Investor Protection

Investing in other countries

When it comes to investing in other countries, the most common option is to invest in the United States. As long as you maintain a valid W-8BEN form, your investments will be protected under US law. 

Should something go wrong with an investment in the United States, your broker will deal with it. This becomes less certain as you invest in other countries, particularly those that are developing.  

In developing countries, the market system is less developed and is therefore greatly exposed to risks associated with a lack of regulation, unstable politician environments and problems selling investments. 

When investing in developing countries, your money may have little protection. To avoid such issues, the safest thing to do is to invest in countries that have stable, developed markets (i.e. USA, UK, Europe). 

Copyright © 2021 Methodology

That's wrong - try again!